I recently helped Trevor at Sploosh, an old friend and collaborator from Cape Town days, with the development on a new Flash website he designed for Pod, a “luxury boutique hotel” in Camps Bay, Cape Town. Took a few late nights to fit around my London remoteness, our respective dad duties and my day job, but the end result is a satisfyingly smooth mood Flash experience.
This is the first ActionScript project I’ve had the chance to work on for a while, and I can at last say I am fully converted to AS3. The main features I am proud of in this production are:
- full screen scaling background imagery
- nice mask intro landing page
- external XML based navigation and content
- gallery slideshow that auto rotates if more than one image is present (see the Facilities page)
- deep linking (uses swfaddress)